Daydream Vaccination

Combat the ravages of daydreaming. Take one a day or as needed.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Late Returns--My Personal Worst

There are two movies from blockbuster in my breif case (are they even called that anymore?) and I know there is no way in hell I'm going to remember to return them today on my way home. I'll write a note on my hand. I'll stick a reminder post-it up on my computer screen. I will leave here at five o'clock and drive right past blockbuster as I giggle along to The Radio Chick Show.

Three days from now I will remember the two movies in the side compartment of my gay-carry-all-hip-bag-thing.I will read this blog and give myself a verbal slap on the wrist--"dummy".

By the weekend they will have become a source of shame and I will cringe just looking at them. I will promise myself to drop them off while out getting a hair cut or running some, more serious, errand. To make that trip across town (on a saturday no less!)for the sole purpose of returning videos would be to suffer an indignancy on par with the time my mother made me give seventy-five dollars I had found on Plandome Road to the local church!

My personal worst for late returns is somewhere around three weeks. Think I can beat it?

1 Comments:

Blogger TaraMetBlog said...

This is why I switched to Netflix because I'm terrible at returning rentals on time too. Although I've had my current Netflix DVD for way to long now and need to watch and mail back.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

Peter

Who links to me?