Daydream Vaccination

Combat the ravages of daydreaming. Take one a day or as needed.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

I feel like I have too many of these:



They are known as "pocket tees". These generic, bargain basement, drab, repression-tees just make me sad. Besides the fact they don't breath, there is a breast pocket that, if you use it, makes you look crazy.

I use it for loose change sometimes.

I've always been jealous of people with dresser drawers full of real tee shirts, the kind you get from little league, church picnics, credit card scams, national parks, corporate sponsored happy hours, AIDS walks, NRA meetings, and concerts. An abundance of real tee shirts is clear evidence of the kind of full life that I am not leading.

There is no tee shirt like the one you steal from your ex:

In every relationship there comes a point when you need to borrow a shirt. Most times, if you're on the ball, you will have identified your significant other's favorite/coolest tee shirt. You put it on without asking, and they like the way it looks on you. It makes them happy to know that you too see the beauty in their favorite tee shirt.

Sooner or later, you break up. If you leave the relationship on top, you have a new lucky tee shirt. If you leave heart broken, you have a new rag to dust the furniture.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

Loved this post. There is actually a company that will stitch squares made from all your old, t-shirts from aids runs, picnics, softball leagues etc, into a personalized quilt.

And once I ran into an ex WHILE WEARING the tee shirt I stole from him. Ehem, AWKWARD. But he didn't register recognition of the shirt. Phew.

Lisa

9:40 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

The quilt idea sounds perfect. Most tee shirts just decompose or get lost somehow.

A friend of mine says that "tee shirts are free". Like, you sort of win them? Your ex lost all right to the shirt. Anyway, he probably kept something of your;s too.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

actually, he has my T.V., so yeah, I don't feel too bad about the shirt.

This post was so funny about the full life as seen through t-shirts. My husband has a ton of them. I have none. wah. because I never participate in any events or on any teams. A loner with no T-shirts. Wah!

Lisa

11:05 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Yeah, I was thinking of my friends who had older siblings growing up. They were 10 yrs. old with college shirts and Aerosmith shirts. I was so jealous.

You should make a womenhavingitall shirt! :)

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

Peter

Who links to me?