Daydream Vaccination

Combat the ravages of daydreaming. Take one a day or as needed.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Long May You Run

Flipping past VH1 the other night, I caught them playing a block of Neil Young videos. I immediately thought he was dead.

I fully support VH1 playing all the Neil Young and Dylan they can get away with. I just think, at this point, that they should include some sort of heads up as to their motives for doing so. A CNN ticker-like read out of the aging rocker's vitals would suffice.

Between Dylan's heart-fungus, Neil Young's brain aneurysm, and Keith Richards falling out of trees, there's just no telling when a round of slapped together tribute shows, easily mistaken for innocent video rock-blocks, will materialize on a sunday night.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

Too funny! I had the same thing happen to me when they were doing a lot of stories on Neil Young's new anti-war album, I randomly flipped through the channels to some cable station that was showing old clips and I thought "Shit, Neil Young is dead? Noooooooooooooooooooo!" I agree, any footage shown of a rocker/movie star over a certain age should be clarified.

Lisa

9:21 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Yeah, it can happen anywhere. It's the worst when you flip the channels on the radio and hear four Paul Simon songs in a row. Coincidence or Heart Attack?

Damn, that's what I should have nammed this post.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Helen the Felon said...

Amen to that.

Although, I think when Neil Young dies, we'll know because the planet will stop spinning.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

"Although, I think when Neil Young dies, we'll know because the planet will stop spinning."

For real. There's really nobody like him. The guy deserves a statue.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

Peter

Who links to me?