Daydream Vaccination

Combat the ravages of daydreaming. Take one a day or as needed.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

WordPlay: A Daydream Vaccination movie review


Wordplay is a charming documentary about the blah, blah, blah--snore. Anyway, one of the interviewees featured in Wordplay is Bill Clinton. During Bubba's interview, you can see, peeking out just under one of the cuffs of his very formal and classy suit jacket, what appears to be, a hemp charm bracelet.

Now, there's a ninety-nine percent chance that the story of the bracelet's origins is a wholesome and endearing one. If asked, I'm sure the Former President would gladly tell the story of Mrs. Ribinowitz--89 years young--from the assisted living facility in Tampa who made him "such a lovely piece of jewelry" while convalescing after a long and painful hip surgery: "She inspahrs meh...she gehvs meh strinth". Hillary has heard about Mrs. Rabinowitz several times: "I don't care what her name is Bill. Listen to me now. Chelsea is grown-up.(long, menacing pause) If you fuck-up my run for office with another one of your bimbos, I will not hesitate to have you both killed by anonymous drifters. That's a promise."

Yeah--I like to think he got it from an intern. A twenty-year old intern, fresh out of undergrad and considering law school. He hasn't fucked her yet, but they're becomming fast friends--a surprise to her, considering their age difference. She made him promise not to take the bracelet off until the end of the next moon cycle. He forgot about his commitment to appear in the crossword puzzle movie, but no biggie. It's just a bracelet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

Hi Peter,

I just saw this movie and loved it! And I too noticed THE BRACELET. Your scenario seems plausible.

Lisa

12:16 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

I agree, it was really well done. One reviewer called it "warm". I agree.

Yeah, if it was any other sixty-something world leader type I wouldn't have thought twice about the bracelet. But it's Bill. I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw it.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

Peter

Who links to me?