Daydream Vaccination

Combat the ravages of daydreaming. Take one a day or as needed.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Yellow Legal Pad

I am having one fabulous doodling day. This Spock-like character I'm drawing is something I think people everywhere will want to have in their homes. My completely spontaneous decision to put him in a smoking jacket really pulls the piece together...a "smoking jacket". Where did that come from?!?! Man--but when it's flowing like this I've learned not to question it.

My experimental work with triangles has yeilded these strutting peacock figures. About 3x2" in size, they are truly majestic. Though they have proven to be fickle subjects, I have nailed a few today that I think rate among my best work. I'm most proud of my straight ahead profile of an african elephant. Employing a modified "Hello Kitty" technique, I've been able to add a double line, creating a "blurry" effect. I have titled the vollection: Vibration Elephant.

I'll probably go down to SOHO over the weekend with what I've done today and get a buzz going at some of the largerer galleries. If I stay at my current pace I should have two pages of a yellow legal pad filled with all first rate shit by lunch time. This might sound glib but, when I look at my days work, I know in my gut that I have a RESPONSIBILITY to quit my job and devote my life to ball point pen drawing.

It'll be strange at first, not having to hold down a day job. I think I'd like to work in New Guinea. I find it to be a magical place. The people there posess a spiritual wisdom that I have witnessed first hand in various films and magazine articles, which continues to feed me as an artist.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Red Queen said...

Are you going to remember us little people while you make your stratospheric climb into the art world?

12:04 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

I don't know. It's all happening so fast. By monday, I expect to hardly be able to walk to the store. By tuesday, the rumors about me and Natalie Portman/Samantha Morton/Scarlet Johanson will be unquashable.

I can't make any promises but don't be suprised on thursday if a fleet of stretch limos pull up in front of your house and a brand new washing machine is at your door.

6:21 PM  
Blogger The Red Queen said...

you are as generous as you are talented. I am sure that people magazine will bid millions of dollars for the first pictures of your Natalie Portman/SAmantha Morton/Scarlett Johanson love child.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

Peter

Who links to me?