Daydream Vaccination

Combat the ravages of daydreaming. Take one a day or as needed.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Double-D's

I went to Dunkin Donuts last night and spied an overflowing tip cup next to the cash register. At some point in the last five years, it seems that cashiers everywhere got it in their collective heads to peel the tattered UNICEF label off the coffee can and let it be known that theirs too is a vocation deserving of gratuity. Well--this is the land of the free and if they can get people to tip, I think it's A-OK. I got in my car, carefully deposited my ninety-seven cents change into the change holder, and thought about what would possess a person to tip so robustly at Double-D's. Then I remembered bar tending.

It's a fact that the best tippers are the afternoon drunks that make you their second family. They can cover up their habit from everyone execpt you, and they need your non-judgement as much as the alcohol itself. So why would it be any different for the box-of-a dozen/four-times-a-week crowd? They've been waiting their whole lives to be able to be able to tip the baker.

I just pray to god the pizza guys up the block never catch on.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Red Queen said...

ya hooked me with the salacious double-d title and then give me donuts.
I have nothing pervy to say about donuts.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Double D's was a cheap trick. I admit it. But you do what you can to put asses in the seats.

I'm calling my next post "Sticky-Buns". It's about the year I spent living under a boardwalk in...

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are quite humorous. Nice blog. Sticky Buns, eh? Hmmm...
That conjures up some strange images...

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

Peter

Who links to me?