Daydream Vaccination

Combat the ravages of daydreaming. Take one a day or as needed.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Memo:

Have you ever thought to make innapropriate use of the memo line on a personal check? I used to do it with my freshman roommates in college. Messages like, "Kenneth is a pussy" and "Blow Jobs for the month of April" added a touch of youthful rebellion to paying the gas bill. It's funny the first few times but, quickly, you realize that no one at the gas company or the bank ever reads what you wrote, or, if they do, they don't care. Plus, the only decent punchline for a personal check is the 'Blow Jobs for the month of' one.

I hadn't thought about messing with the memo line again until yesterday. I was paying a ticket I got in the mail for running one of those camera-monitored traffic lights. It was just so smug. To get to the actual ticket I was required to look through pictures, from four different angles, of my guilty little Dodge Neon breaking the law. It felt like I was being blackmailed. Then, two more pages all about the "state of the art" cameras that caught me and how utterly absurd it would be to even consider contesting my ticket in court in the face of such damning evidence(See pg. 1 Photographs).

I went to make my check out to the New York City Police Department but saw at the last minute that it wasn't them taking my money. It was the exquisitely bureaucratic "Red-Light-Monitoring Finance Branch of the Department for..." whatever.

Fuck You.

That's what I almost wrote in the memo line.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Red Queen said...

I think I would have written: How nice that police department whores now take checks- or something to that effect.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

That's funny. I had pictures mailed to me of myself speeding. I was going 31 mph in a 20 mph zone. Look out world. I taped the photos on my office wall for a while to make myself feel like a badass.

I love memo line jokes. I've heard of some good ones when alimoney checks are concerned.

Lisa

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

Peter

Who links to me?