Daydream Vaccination

Combat the ravages of daydreaming. Take one a day or as needed.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Mach III Debbie

Debbie is a woman in my office who exists in a state of perpetual motion. I have never seen her sit or stand still for even a moment. I can't imagine what it must be like for her to pee.

Debbie is courteous to a fault. At around eight thirty every morning she speed walks past my cubicle, and like a paper boy slinging the early edition onto a drive way, she says, "'Mornin' Peter"...and she's gone.

I think of Debbie as an abstract sequence of events: a very polite smear of beige colered light in the corner of my eye; a dopplerized salutation; finishing with a gentle gust of wind that cools my morning coffee.

3 Comments:

Blogger anne altman said...

isn't that better than debbie hanging around by your desk all "blah blah blah blah blah" all the time?

sure it is!

3:53 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Blah, Blah, Blah by my desk?

Oh, your thinking of Bill and Rosa. They've pretty much cornered the market on inane chit-chat. Debbie wouldn't stand a chance.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

What a cool picture you paint of Debbie. I can totally envision that kind of person. However, it makes me tired just thinking about it.

Lisa

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

Peter

Who links to me?