Daydream Vaccination

Combat the ravages of daydreaming. Take one a day or as needed.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Daydream #44

...a fierce headwind nearly blows the Ray Bans off my face as I outmaneuvere Petrocelli's buttonmen for what I pray might be the final time. By tomorow Chelsea and I will be in San Luis, ordering room service, wearing bathrobes embroidered with some other couples initials.

The 38-foot cigarette boat we "borrowed" from the good people at Olsen's Marina is nearly out of gas. (I'll be sure to pin a c-note to the seat when I return her--maybe a thank you card.) The Golden Gate Bridge is violet as sundown approaches. Chelsea hands me an Orange Fresca from the wet bar. I touch her pregnant belly and we both smile. "Two million in each bag. That's six million total, babe. We did it."

The cell phone starts buzzing in the empty cup-holder it's occupied since Tuesday, when the whole thing started. We've been waiting for one call and one call only: "It's Dad.", she says "He wishes to speak with you."

"I promise to have her home by ten, Sir...(laughter)...well, who knew a president's daughter would have such a natural affinity for an AK-47?..."

6 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

I like your dream life. Keep it going ...

11:19 AM  
Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

Don't vaccinate against your daydreams, they are great.

Lisa

11:28 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Jeeze, thanks!

I figured I'd try something that actually references the suggestive title and look of this blog for once.

11:41 AM  
Blogger The Red Queen said...

Knocking up the daughter of a former POTUS is cool- but i still think the Gore girls are hotter.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Yeah, but then I'd have to talk to Al Gore on the phone. He wouldn't understand our plight the way Bill does.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

who are you, "b"?

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

Peter

Who links to me?