Daydream Vaccination

Combat the ravages of daydreaming. Take one a day or as needed.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Three things I may, or may not post, about this week

A HELICOPTER IN EVERY GARAGE- The inventor of the helicopter envisioned little one-person helicopters for every person in America.
*Can you imagine the evening news: "15 helicopter pile-up on I-95"? Totally Awesome!!

DUUUDE...-Think hard, did you ever get lost in a really cool screen saver pattern back when they first came out?
*Cinematic master, Stanley Kubric predicts the magic of the PC screen saver 2o yrs. early in his classic "2001".

THE ROAD TO PEACE- A track on the new Tom Waits album is a vivid political ballad about the conflict in the Middle East. It's a jaw dropper. Like Dylan and John Lennon before, Tom Waits hijacks the language of newspapers in lyrics like "The killing has intensified/ Along the road to peace..."
*Tom Waits television interviews--Why John Stewart could learn from Letterman.




All this (maybe) and so much more to come this week at Daydream Vaccination!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

What a two-fer -- Waits on Letterman one night, then (a cutely nervous) Jon Stewart the next.

Write away, sir!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

What a sneak preview. Love it all.

the helicopter for every person reminds me of the Jetsons or something.

and I will check out the waits album. i can't believe I missed him on letterman! thank goodness for youtube. I am going to go try to find it.

Lisa

6:28 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Beth, "cutely nervous" is a good way to put it. The interview was so short, I think if John Stewart just wants to gush for a minute, he deserves to gush.

Lisa--Oooh, I didn't think of a Jetsons angle. You know, the inventor guy (I'll look it up soon)was probably picturing a Jetsons world, with the moving side walks and everything.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

Peter

Who links to me?